From October 22. - 24. in Montréal at WITSA's 18th World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) the best young social entrepreneurs, web developers, app designers and data scientists were inaugurated with the World Summit Youth Award and had the chance to network with representatives of the business sector, governments, NGOs and media.
Since 2005 the World Summit Youth Award (WSYA) selects and promotes the best applications and websites by young entrepreneurs contributing to take action on the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
The goals? To fight poverty, hunger, disease, inequality, lack of education and environmental degradation with the use of ICT.
The WSYA 2012 Event 'Young Digital Planet', organized as WCIT youth track, featured speed meetings, mind minglings, best practice presentations and workshops, while the Gala Night showcased some of the most committed young producers from all UN member states. A unique opportunity to gain insight into the 18 winner projects and engage directly with them.
WCIT 2012 and WSYA joined Forces to:
- celebrate the best Young Digital Natives worldwide
- showcase how youth transforms the future with IT
- create a space and breakout sessions to prioritize action items following the results of the World Tech Jam
- organize various Action Workshops
- enhance youth engagement in using IT to improve world
Interested in more details? Visit the WCIT 2012 homepage and get the whole program: www.wcit2012.org